Richard S. Toikka, Esquire
Direct Phone: 202.337.7802 Fax: 202.337.7805
HONORS AND RECOGNITIONS
Marquis Who's Who, 2017. See press release: http://www.24-7pressrelease.com/press-release-service/445125
Lawyers of Distinction, 2017.
Intellectual Property, Litigation, Regulatory, Corporate
- Patent, Trademark, Trade Secrets, Copyright
- Prosecution of Patents and Trademarks
- Civil Litigation in State and Federal Courts
- Business Torts
- Unfair Competition and Antitrust
- Intellectual Property
- U.S. Patent and Trademark Office
- U.S. International Trade Commission
- U.S. Maritime Commission
- U.S. Postal Rate Commission
- Entity Formation and Dissolution
- Employment Agreements
- Consulting Agreements
- Harvard College, A.B. (cum laude)
- University of Wisconsin, M.A., Ph.D. (economics)
- Georgetown University Law Center, J.D. (cum laude)
- Former Associate, Laxalt, Washington, Perito & Dubuc, Washington, D.C.
- Former Associate, Graham & James, Washington, D.C.
- Former Of Counsel, Farkas & Manelli, Washington, D.C.
- Former In-House Counsel, Berman & Co., Washington, D.C.
- Former Vice President, The Lewin Group, Fairfax, VA
- State Courts: Virginia, Maryland, and District of Columbia
- Federal Courts: U.S. District Courts for the District of Columbia, Eastern District of Virginia, and Maryland, U.S. Circuit Courts of Appeal for the Federal, District of Columbia, and Fourth Circuits, Court of International Trade, Court of Federal Claims, U.S. Supreme Court
- U.S. Patent and Trademark Office (patent cases)
- Founding and Past Chair of the Damages Subcommittee of the Aviation Committee of the American Bar Association’s Litigation Section
- Contributor to Professional Journals
- Appearances on Radio and Television on Law and Economics Issues
Author, Contributor, Editor
- “Patent Licensing Under Competitive and Non-Competitive Conditions,” Journal of the Patent and Trademark Office Society, (April 2000).
- “Chances Are” (The 25 Percent Reasonable Royalty Rule After Kumho Tire), Legal Times Special Report on Intellectual Property (August 16, 1999).
- “Courts Will Exclude Defective Damages Evidence,” (with M.J. Reeder), National Law Journal Intellectual Property Supplement (October 19, 1998).
- “Choice of Law Considerations Affecting Punitive Damages in Airline Mass Disaster Litigation,”in Aviation Litigation News (ABA Litigation Section Committee on Aviation) (November 1996).
- “The ‘Tailhook’ Verdict Revisited: Managing the Risk of Punitive Damages” (with R.I. Tisch) in Association Law & Policy (Legal Section of the American Society of Association Executives) (May 1,1996).
- “Post-Daubert Standards for the Admission of Expert Testimony by Economists,” in Aviation Litigation News (ABA Litigation Section Committee on Aviation) (November 1994).