Toikka Law Group’s competition practice includes:
- Counseling antitrust compliance and defense of government investigations;
- Litigating private suits and government enforcement involving antitrust laws, trade regulation;
- Litigating the Private Express Statutes where U.S., foreign and international delivery services compete with the United States Postal Service’s claims of monopoly;
- Preparing and delivering expert economic testimony as an expert witness; and
- Investigating and preparing complaints involving anticompetitive activities at the intersection of antitrust and intellectual property, particularly in the context of industry standard-setting activities.
One of our lawyers served as trial attorney in the Antitrust Division of the Department of Justice in sections with enforcement responsibilities over:
- International trade,
- Computers and
Since our government service, we have served as outside and in-house counsel:
- Formulating antitrust compliance programs;
- Counseling clients on marketing activities and proposed transactions;
- Counseling and representing industry groups in administrative and legal and legislative proceedings implicating their competitive interests;
- Litigating unfair competition cases;
- Preparing Hart-Scott-Rodino submissions; and
- Defending targets of Justice department and Federal trade Commission Investigations.
Our clients have included:
- Domestic and foreign start-ups to major multinational corporations
- Specialty chemicals
- Courier Companies
- Robotics products and technology
- Electronics products
- Domestic and International trade associations of, among others,
- Domestic and international expedited delivery and logistics service providers, for which we won major cases in Supreme Court of the United States and U.S. Federal Appeals courts;
- Generic pharmaceutical firms; and
- Other industrial and service companies;
- Intellectual property licensing firms and individuals.
We have written and spoken extensively at Antitrust Bar Association functions, to trade groups and in CLE courses and have contributed to numerous American Bar Association publications, including:
- Antitrust and Trade Associations;
- Antitrust Developments, chapter on intellectual property; and
- The Antitrust Journal.